Body Sculpting at its Best: University Plastic Surgeons in Memphis
Our team of plastic surgeons brings extensive knowledge and experience and employs cutting-edge surgical techniques in modern body contouring. Each of our plastic surgeons serves as a member of the faculty at the University of Tennessee College of Medicine in Memphis and is engaged in educating medical students in plastic and reconstructive surgery. Our practice is focused upon both reconstructive and cosmetic procedures.
We are proud to be the premier plastic surgery clinic in Memphis and appreciate the many accolades and referrals from our happy patients. If you are considering body contouring, you want to ensure the most attractive outcome. We invite you to find out more about us and to speak with us about what you hope to achieve.
It may be necessary to contour the body after losing a significant amount of weight, whether the loss of excess weight was achieved through a strict diet or bariatric surgery. While it is exciting to see the pounds drop away, many are dismayed to be left with stretched skin that droops and hangs, requiring surgical body contouring. At University Plastic Surgeons, we assist those who need to recontour the body and create a more pleasing, attractive appearance, free from sagging skin and tissue.
Your Body Contouring Procedure
As body contouring is a customized surgical plan, the procedures involved will vary. For a very extensive body contouring, the new body contour will be achieved in stages. One or more procedures may be performed in one surgical appointment, depending upon what is needed in your case.
Customized Body Contouring Procedure
Every patient is different, and your body contouring procedure will be planned to address your unique problems. The range of procedures that may be required include:
- Tummy Tuck Addresses loose abdominal muscles and any hanging "apron" of excess skin.
- Lower Body Lift Corrects the appearance of the lower body, addressing abdomen, buttocks, the groin area, and outer portion of the thighs
- Breast Lift The skin on the breasts may have stretched, and as the excess weight is lost, the breasts are left lower on the chest and look saggy and loose, requiring a breast lift
- Arm Lift Many patients who have lost significant weight are left with an abundance of excess skin on the upper arms that must be tightened and sculpted
- Thigh Lift For a total thigh tightening, a more complete surgical procedure can resolve the sagging skin and tissue on the entire thigh region
- Liposuction Advanced liposuction may be employed to extract any lingering pockets of excess fat on various body areas
Schedule a Consultation
Candidates for Body Contouring Surgery
After a dramatic loss of excess weight, you are ready for body contouring. To be a candidate, you should have maintained your new, healthier weight for at least six months. As with any surgery, you will need to be in good general health and able to safely undergo the various surgical procedures. A full evaluation of your medical history, as well as various tests, will be performed. Patient health and safety are always a primary concern at University Plastic Surgeons in Memphis. As leaders in the plastic surgery field, we employ the most advanced surgical techniques and technologies and are proud to be considered the premier plastic surgery clinic for body contouring in the area.
Reach out to us. We'll be happy to answer any questions.(901) 866-8525
University Plastic Surgeons 1068 Cresthaven Rd, Suite 500 Memphis, TN 38119View on map
Get in Touch