Cedric Hunter, MD
Assistant Professor, Department of Plastic SurgeryMicrosurgery Program Director
Dr. Cedric Hunter is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Plastic Surgery at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center, and a member of the University Plastic Surgeons group. Dr. Hunter specializes in reconstructive and aesthetic surgery, including microsurgery, breast reconstruction, body contouring, breast augmentation, facial rejuvenation, and complex wound reconstruction.
Additionally, Dr. Hunter has expertise in microsurgical treatment of lymphedema, a chronic swelling of the limbs that occurs in patients who have lymph nodes removed or radiated during cancer treatment.
Dr. Hunter is originally from North Carolina, where he graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with highest honors. He then obtained his medical degree at Duke University School of Medicine, graduating with the distinguished honor as a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society.
For graduate medical training, Dr. Hunter completed a Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery residency at Stanford University Hospital. For additional training in microsurgery and complex reconstruction, he completed a fellowship in microsurgery at the University of Chicago Medical Center. There he learned advanced techniques for surgical management of lymphedema and breast reconstruction.
In conjunction with his clinical interests, Dr. Hunter has authored multiple manuscripts and book chapters on topics including breast surgery, lymphedema, and microsurgery. He has also presented at multiple local and national meetings. Dr. Hunter’s interest in international care is a result of joining international mission trips with the goal of providing surgical care to the underserved and educating local physicians in reconstructive surgery techniques.
- Duke University School of Medicine (Durham, NC)
- Stanford University Hospital (Palo Alto, CA)
- Integrated Plastic Surgery Residency
- University of Chicago Medical Center (Chicago, IL)
- Microsurgery Fellowship
- Assistant Professor, Department of Plastic Surgery, University of Tennessee Health Science Center
- Director, Microsurgery Fellowship Program
- Breast reconstruction (including implant and DIEP flap)
- Mommy Makeover
- Lymphedema surgical intervention (including lymphovenous bypass and lymph node transfer)
- Reconstructive microsurgery
- Extremity reconstruction
- Skin cancer
- Gender confirmation surgery
- Aesthetic surgery (including breast augmentation, body contouring, facial rejuvenation, and labiaplasty)
- Microsurgical/Autologous breast reconstruction (including DIEP reconstruction)
- Implant breast reconstruction
- Fat grafting
- Extremity reconstruction
- Microsurgical and local wound coverage
- Limb salvage
- Complex wound management
I’m a patient of Dr. Cedric Hunter. He did a wonderful job during a mastectomy on May 8th, 2019 at Methodist University. I’m so grateful to have a professional doctor that performed a surgery where I felt safe before, during and after the procedure. So I highly recommend Dr. Cedric Hunter. Erika Lopez